KLEAR aims to reflect in its provision the following principles:
- to provide a second chance for those who have been out of formal education or who have had negative educational experiences, to ease themselves back into education.
- to be a place where all adults are treated with respect and dignity irrespective of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, membership of the traveller community.
- to give equal respect to all types of learners.
- to operate in a supportive atmosphere that is non-formal, non-competitive and non-threatening.
- to be a place where adults can find personal and emotional space.
- to value each level of learning equally.
- to provide appropriate and flexible progression routes.