Congratulations to all of our students!
Due to COVID-19, we could not host our annual certificate presentation event for students who completed modules in 2020. We have put this page on our website to mark the occasion instead.
Below you will see three videos of congratulations. Beneath the videos are photographs of some of our students with their certificates or photographs of their work. Scroll down and you will see comments from students and tutors. At the bottom of the page is the Roll of Honour with the names of students who received certificates.
Well done to all of our students, whether you have moved on from KLEAR or you are still attending classes with us. It has been an incredibly difficult year, and you have worked hard.
We are very proud of you!
Sian Crowley, Adult Literacy Organiser, Klear
John McDonough, University Librarian, DCU Library
Orla Nic Aodha, Associate Director of Public Services & Outreach, DCU Library
Photos of our students and their work
Swipe right to see photos of our students and student art work.
Comments from our students and tutors
Completing the Information Technology Skills course gave me a great sense of achievement.
The most difficult aspect of becoming comfortable using Technology is the tendency family members have of "doing it for you" which teaches you nothing.
We had a really patient and forthright tutor who knew when to assist and when to insist "you can do this"
I absolutely grew in confidence.
Having left school at a very early age with no qualifications, going back to study was very daunting. I raised three children and saw them complete their studies and decided it was my time.
I thoroughly enjoyed each lesson and feel I reached the objectives and goals I set myself so I am extremely proud of myself. I am looking forward to continuing to study and progress further.
We would like to acknowledge and congratulate 11 students from Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme.
They received a total of 14 certificates between them for Art and Design, Breakfast Cookery, Communications, Drawing and Painting.
Well done to you all, we are very proud of you!
Congratulations to all of you for this achievement in what has been a very weird year.
It was great to see so many of you continue to engage with us and your fellow students in a variety of ways. We all became very inventive! Thank you for sticking with it and well done again on earning your certificate.
There was six in the class and we learned from each other. We all got on well and helped each other. I learned a lot about healthy eating, Vitamins, Minerals, Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fibre.
I finished the course a lot wiser.
Roll of Honour, May 2021
- Bridget Bligh - Word Processing, Communication, Application of number
- Leanne Byrne – Word Processing
- Mark Caffrey – Non Verbal Communication
- Veronica Clarke – Information Technology Skills
- Sabrija Dzaferovska – Communication
- Patricia Howley – Application of Number
- Karen Joyce – Non Verbal Communication
- Sinead Kelly – Internet Skills
- Kathleen Kenny – Communication
- Bernie McChree – Computer Skills
- Mary McGrath – Word Processing
- Sorcha McSwiney – Non Verbal Communication
- Stella Morrissey – Art and Design
- Gabrielle Boumba Moulonso – Communication
- Ken Murray – Communication
- Patricia Nolan – Communication, Nutrition and Healthy Options
- Siobhan Nugent – Information Technology Skills
- Emily O’Connor – Communication
- Joannah Padden – Non Verbal Communication
- Adrienne Ward – Nutrition and Healthy Options
- Niamh Wilson – Non Verbal Communication